Every year, thousands of Indian Medical students face the prime concern of getting admission in a good medical institution for higher studies. Few students manage to clear the entrance tests for government universities while others keep looking for options in private universities. Most of the students cannot afford the high donation the private universities ask for. In such circumstances come the foreign medical universities to the salvage of Indian medical students. Many universities in different countries are offering MBBS and other medical programs at an affordable price, which is certainly not the case in Indian universities.
Which country is best for MBBS abroad?
- Indian students swear by Philippines as the best option to study MBBS abroad!
- Every year thousands and thousands of Indian students fly to Philippines to do their dream MBBS degree in world-class medical colleges at very affordable tuition fees!
- Universities from several countries like the UK, US, Philippines, Russia, China, Ukraine, Philippines, etc offer MBBS degrees to Indian students. Which one to choose is always a tough call.
- The UK and US have tough entrance examinations which the students would have to crack to get a medical seat. This is a very difficult option. But getting a seat in the UK or USA seals the deal for the future of the student as a success.
- Since getting an MBBS seat in the UK & the US is difficult, people take the route of doing their undergraduate degree in the Philippines and getting a post-graduation in the USA.
- This is an easier option because Universities in the Philippines follow the American syllabus of medical education and give additional coaching for cracking USMLE to get a post-graduate seat in the USA.
In total, to answer the question of which country is better for MBBS abroad, we can say Philippines is the answer chosen by most number of Indian students. Studying MBBS abroad and choosing the right country is a matter of trust. If thousands of Indian students are able to trust Philippines every year, then you can also trust Philippines completely!
Is MBBS Abroad a good option?
Absolutely! India has only very few MBBS seats for which lakhs and lakhs of students compete for every year in the NEET exam. The capitation fee is sky high for students who want to choose private medical colleges – you need at least a few crores to complete MBBS.
In this situation, universities abroad offer very cheap yet world-class MBBS degrees to Indian students. Let us look at some of the key points in why you should choose to study MBBS abroad:
- MBBS at an affordable cost – Students who want to study MBBS abroad can get an international quality education at an affordable fee of 15-25 Lakhs INR.
- No Donation or Capitation Fee – Medical universities of Philippines, Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, China, etc. don’t accept any capitation fee or donation fee. It is against law for them, and these universities follow the rules strictly unlike institutions in India. To seek admission to any Indian Medical University parents have to pay a huge amount of donation or capitation fee excluding the yearly tuition fee. This is not the case in the Top Medical Universities Abroad.
- No entrance test is required to seek Admission – For MBBS in Abroad, students need not clear any entrance examination such as IELTS and TOEFL. They just need to secure a minimum of 50% in their 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Availability of On-Campus Hostel – All the medical universities abroad provides comfortable and cosy hostel accommodation. This makes it easier for Indian students to live and study in the campus. It’d tire out excessively if they have to travel to and fro to the campus every day, and not to mention taking care of their own food and laundry in a foreign country.
- Extremely low cost of living – This factor is highly dependent on the lifestyle of the student. The majority of foreign countries who are offering MBBS in Abroad are from Europe, where the cost of living is extremely low. If we talk about Russia, the monthly average living expense is somewhere between 100-150 USD $ (Indian Rupee- 69.31 INR) including all overhead expenses.
- Best World Class Infrastructure – Medical universities abroad offer world-class Infrastructure with all the latest equipment. Universities in Philippines offer state of the art digital infrastructure in their MBBS programs.
- Opportunity to get great International Exposure – Students will get the chance to meet the students coming from different countries, ethnicity, and background in the Top Medical Universities Abroad. This exposure will be of great help for all the students trying to settle in a new country.
How much MBBS cost abroad?
Cost of studying MBBS abroad may vary between different countries. Here is a list of countries that offer MBBS degrees to Indian students and the overall expenses for a 5.5 to 6 year MBBS course:
|Country||Cost of MBBS abroad (Including College Fees+Accommodation+Food)|
|MBBS in Philippines||₹20-28Lakh|
|MBBS in Russia||₹29 Lakh (6-year English Medium)|
|MBBS in Ukraine||₹25 Lakh|
|MBBS in China||₹30 Lakh|
|MBBS in Bangladesh||₹30 Lakh|
When the cost is combined with the quality of education and the trust factor, MBBS in Philippines comes out at the top as the most-affordable cost wise and most-coveted quality wise! That is why Indian students and parents choose MBBS in Philippines as their first option!
Why you should study MBBS abroad? – Benefits of Studying MBBS Abroad
Studying MBBS abroad is a great opportunity for Indian students who dream of becoming a doctor. There are a lot of advantages in choosing to complete your MBBS degree abroad. Some of them are:
- MBBS abroad offers an Affordable fee structure.
- The education quality is higher if you choose to study MBBS abroad.
- There are no donation or capitation fees in MBBS abroad.
- Indian Students get to learn in the top medical colleges all over the world. They get global exposure after completion of MBBS course in abroad. This is a great experience for them!
- MCI & WHO recognized medical colleges/universities are available abroad.
- Scholarships are provided to study MBBS abroad with certain universities.
- Indian food is made available in certain countries such as Philippines which offer MBBS abroad.
- Living cost in many countries almost same that of the cost of studying MBBS in India. Sometimes MBBS abroad comes cheaper than studying in private medical colleges in India
- Studying MBBS abroad improves your social and relational abilities, and also improves your status.
- Over 20,000 Indian students get enrolled for MBBS Abroad every year.
What is the eligibility for MBBS in abroad? – MBBS abroad eligibility and requirements
Each country has its own set of rules and eligibility criteria for international students wanting to pursue MBBS abroad. Let us see some of the general eligibility guidelines for Indian students wanting to pursue MBBS abroad:
1. Age Requirements
There is no upper age limit to apply for MBBS abroad. The student is required to have attained the age of 17 on December 31 of the year he is pursuing his admission.
2. Academic requirements
- Student must have completed his 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Student must have an aggregate percentage of at least 50% or above in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have studied English as a compulsory subject during his 10+2 years.
- Students are also required to qualify the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). This is mandatory even if the student is planning to pursue his medical studies abroad.
Can I do MBBS with low marks in NEET?
Yes, you can! You just need to get minimum pass marks in your NEET exam to qualify for MBBS abroad.
Indian Students Eligibility criteria to Study MBBS abroad in Philippines
|Eligibility||Students who have 50% marks in PCB in +2 can are eligible to apply to MBBS Universities in Philippines|
|NEET Exam||NEET exam with minimum passing marks|
|Courses||BS + MD (Doctor of Medicine)|
|Duration of the Courses||5.5 (Includes Internship)|
|Course Fee||Rs.2.5 – 6 Lakhs/Year|
|Cost of Living in Philippines||Rs 12000/Month to 15000/Month|
|Student Facilities||On campus Hostel, Indian Food, Free high speed wifi|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Universities Accreditation by||MCI, WHO, WFME, FAIMER|
|MCI Approved Medical Colleges in Philippines||45|
|Top Medical Colleges in Philippines||3|
|Present Number of Indian Students Studying MBBS in Philippines||7000+|
Best Medical Colleges in Philippines for Indian Students
The Top Performing Medical Universities in the Philippines. Medical education in Philippines is principally offered and developed by accredited and government recognized medical Colleges in the country and regulated by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of the Philippines, and accredited by the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges. Some of the Top Philippines Medical Colleges have been listed below :
|Name of the Universities||Tuition Fee (for 2 Years BS Course)||Tuition Fee (for 4 Years MD Course)||Total of 5.5/6 Years Course Cost|
|UV Gullas College of Medicine||Rs. 6,75,000||Rs. 11,08,000||Rs. 17,83,000|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||Rs. 7,00,000||Rs. 14,28,000||Rs. 21,28,000|
|University of Perpetual Help||Rs. 6,75,000||Rs. 16,15,000||Rs. 23,25,000|
|University of Santo Tomas||Rs. 4,20,000||Rs. 10,50,000||Rs. 14,70,000|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College, Manila||Rs. 5,60,000||Rs. 15,12,000||Rs. 20,72,000|
|AMA School of Medicine||Rs. 7,00,000||Rs. 10,95,000||Rs. 17,95,000|
|University of Northern Philippines||Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 7,28,000/- (6.5 years)||Rs. 10,78,000|
|Our Lady Of Fatima University||Rs. 8,40,000||Rs. 17,92,000||Rs. 26,32,000|
|St. Paul University Philippines||Rs. 5,59,000||Rs. 12,60,000||Rs. 18,19,000|
|AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine||Rs. 3,00,000||Rs. 9,60,000||Rs. 12,60,000|
Is MBBS good in India or abroad?
Studying MBBS abroad has more advantages than MBBS in India like:
- Great Infrastructure
- World-class medical education
- Affordable tuition fee. Starts from just Rs. 2.7 lakhs per year.
- Living costs almost equal to living in hostels in India
- You can study MBBS abroad with low NEET marks
Studying MBBS is such a huge dream for a lot of students and their parents. Doctors are the most respected profession in the whole world. From neighbours, relatives to strangers everyone looks at a doctor with respect and awe.
If a son or daughter in a family becomes a doctor, the entire family gets respect from society. Because doctors save lives and help people when they are in pain. It is still one of the most respected professions in the world.
But becoming a doctor is not very easy. Especially in a country like India where the competition is really high it’s really difficult to become a doctor. Unless you have 75 lakhs to 1 crore to spend. India has only 80000 medical seats but every year 15 lakh students write NEET exam.
That’s why most Indian students choose to study MBBS abroad in countries like the US, UK, Philippines, Russia, China, etc. Studying MBBS abroad is a wonderful opportunity for students who are willing to work hard during their MBBS course. So it is alright if you don’t score 200 out of 200 in your 12th standard. All you need is the commitment to study hard during your MBBS course abroad, you can easily become a really good doctor. Let us see some of the pros and cons of studying MBBS abroad and in India.
Comparison of studying MBBS in abroad vs in India
This is a comparison of studying MBBS in India vs abroad.
|Description||MBBS in Abroad||MBBS in India|
|Cost||Budget starts from 16-24 lakh total for 5.5 years||Very low fees in government colleges, 75 lakh to 1 crore total budget in private colleges|
|Marks required in NEET||Minimum pass mark in NEET is enough||Very high NEET marks for government colleges. Qualifying marks for private colleges under management quota|
|Exams to qualify||NEET compulsory, No requirement of SAT, TOEFL, IELTS in many countries..||NEET|
|Admission process||Admission process is easy compared to India. You don’t need a very high budget in spite of the foreign country travel + stay expenditure. Everything comes to around 25 lakhs total for 5 years!||Very high marks in NEET is required. Or you need a very high budget for a private seat in India, to get one of the 80,000 medical seats in India among the 15 lakh+ people competition.|
|USMLE Training||Yes. You can have the option to prepare for USMLE and get settled in USA||No|
|Exit Exam for License (for medical practice)||Qualifying in NEXT exam is getting compulsory for license.||Qualifying in NEXT exam is getting compulsory for license|
|Jobs opportunities worldwide||Easier for MBBS abroad graduates to get a job in US, UK, Europe, Australia and get settled there.||Bigger process to move to another country and practice.|
Choosing MBBS in India vs abroad – which is best for my future?
While there is no help for USMLE preparations in Indian medical colleges, MBBS abroad provides you the option to train for USMLE. USMLE is like America’s NEET exam. Clearing the 3-step exam gets you a PG seat in the US. Getting a PG seat in the USA is most coveted because you get to study free of cost along with a huge stipend and you can easily settle down in the US with a high profile career.
Apart from USMLE, an MBBS degree from abroad makes it easy for you to get PG admissions in foreign universities and also to get high-paying job opportunities in USA, UK, Europe and Australia.
If settling down abroad is what you are planning for your future, you can blindly choose to study MBBS abroad!
If you really want to become a doctor and if you are ready to put in the hard work for the next 5 years, choose to study MBBS abroad.
Studying MBBS abroad is a golden opportunity for Indian students. You should definitely go for MBBS abroad:
- If you really want to become a doctor. If you are ready to fulfil the dreams of your parents and make them proud.
- If you are willing to put in the hard work, regardless of your performance in your younger school years. It is like a second chance. Those who can grab the chance and work hard, can always succeed.
- If you have already attempted NEET multiple times but you are unable to get high enough marks to get a seat in India.
- If you scored low marks in NEET and you can’t get a seat in India without spending a fortune.
- If you can’t afford the fees of private colleges in India despite scoring good marks in NEET. The fees for MBBS abroad starts from 16 lakh total for 5 years.
Golden opportunities don’t knock on your doors always. Use this opportunity to secure an MBBS seat abroad and become a world-class doctor.
Feel free to Call us at +91 9445553877 for free support/guidance. We would be happy to help. 🙂